YC122.12.29 - The Meeting
//PERSONAL LOG
//ENTRY BY CLEMENTINE LAFLEUR
//DATE YC122.12.29
![]() |
| Lauralite Anne Brezia |
Before making the same mistake twice, I pinged Edward on the NADSC secure line who told me to report to his office in Jel. It was clear he wasn't impressed by the way the silence hung in the air while he poured himself a drink. But none the less he told me that we support and protect our own, adding that he would accompany me to this meeting. Planning for a worst-case scenario, we backup up our soft clones and armed ourselves. We didn't think it would turn into a shootout but it was better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.
As you expect of any disreputable area, the station was a mixing pot of misfits, vagrants, and rebels. I had dressed down in an attempt to look as inconspicuous as possible but I couldn't help but feel that everyone was watching us. Just as we finished handing our documents to the dockmaster we were approached by a group of men. They all wore matching uniforms sporting the gold skull rabbit denoting them as Guristas. Employed by Ms. Brezia, they had been sent to escort us to the Lounge. They led us across the main docking hanger towards the establishment. The Hissi Fit Lounge epitomised the capabilities and influence of what a capsuleer can become even in a place such as this. The large sign and clean exterior was a stark comparison to the other outlets along the dock. Adding to that, two security guards stood vigilant ready to pat us down and part us from our sidearms. Much like the outside, the interior had a clean but somewhat expensive feel to it. The report on this place stated it frequented by caspuleers and was a neutral ground for all corners of New Eden. Understandably so, being so far from Empire or CONCORD's prying eyes.
Led through to the private rooms we were greeted by Ms. Brezia behind her desk. The hologram from our call didn't give justice to how heavily augmented she was. What struck me more was the dark tail and twitching ears that seem to increase the intensity of this wolf. The discussion was gĂȘnante, to say the least. She had extensive evidence down to my ship id and holopics of it in the area around the relay. I was glad that the commander had come with me, for I would not have been able to mount a defence to justify my actions. In the end, it was agreed that I was acting on a contract disconnected to any affliction and that as a gesture of goodwill we provided information on the last know location of the package and personnel. It was clear that she was more concerned about the safety of her people than the breach, which I commend. I did ask to be apart of a rescue mission if one was attempted but it was denied. I understand the reasoning behind it but I am still ashamed to be the cause of this. This will be a hard lesson to swollen for some time.


Comments
Post a Comment